In the News
See some news about ongoing projects and aims of the Ke Dong and her lab team.
- Dong and team are refining pesticides to kill pests, not bees. By Layne Cameron, November 21, 2017.
- Understanding insect response to popular insecticide in effort to develop new compounds. By Holly Whetstone, January 19, 2016.
- Dong and colleague's discovery will help fight insecticide resistance of disease-carrying mosquitoes. July 9, 2013.
- “Mighty” mites threaten to bring honey bees to their knees. February 11, 2012.
Some of our publications also have received a lot of media attention, including several news releases in local newspapers and TV news. Here are some of our publications that have made it in the news.
Funcational Expression of an Arachnid Sodium Channel Reveals Residues Responsible for Tetrodotoxin Resistance in Invertebrate Sodium Channels (Du et al., 2009)
Substitutions in the Domain III Voltage-sensing Module Enhance the Sensitivity of an Insect Sodium Channel to a Scorpion β-Toxin (Song et al., 2011)
- MSU Today
- Thaindian News
- National Science Foundation
- Binational Agricultural Research and Development Fund
Molecular evidence for dual pyrethroid-receptor sites on a mosquito sodium channel (Du et al., 2013)
Molecular basis of selective resistance of the bumblebee BiNa1 sodium channel to tau-fluvalinate (Wu et al., 2017)
- Yahoo News
- Environmental News Network